Monday, August 1, 2011

Anyone feel like Peach Cobbler?

I have a couple of days extra off work this week and I have been running around my house doing things that I have been putting off for a while now. I am feeling quite productive today! I just pray that no one rings the doorbell and realizes that the kids and I are sill in our pajamas and it's noon...

Anyway, we were at the ranch market the other day and they have peaches. Lots and lots and lots of peaches. I'm not a dessert person by nature but the peaches got me thinking. Then someone posted on facebook that they were making peach cobbler. Then this morning Taste of Home emailed me this recipe. How can I resist? The universe is telling me I MUST make this today. :)

Update: I did make it and we did eat it and it was just OK, not spectacular. However, other than the cutting of the peaches and the cooking time in the oven it literally took 5 minutes to put together so for that reason alone, I'll keep it on the blog. ;)


Peach Cobbler adapted from a recipe from Taste of Home



Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
3 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches

TOPPING:
2 cups water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
vanilla ice cream, optional

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the milk just until combined; fold in peaches. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.

In a large saucepan, combine the water, sugars, butter and nutmeg and cinnamon if desired. Bring to boil, stirring until sugars are dissolved. Pour over top.

Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in topping comes out clean. Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice cream (if desired).
Yield: 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment