Monday, August 29, 2011

Raspberry Muffins

So I had this recipe emailed to me and it looked really good. The recipe was actually for sugar crusted raspberry muffins but when I tried it, the batter wasn't sweet enough and the tops of the muffins stuck like glue to the top of the muffin tin. They weren't very pretty when I wrestled them out with a butter knife! So, as I always do, I made some modifications. Now they're sitting there, tempting me and every time I walk by I eat another one. This recipe is great for the friends back home that have raspberries ready in their gardens. I had to buy mine at the store but if I close my eyes I can pretend I picked them myself. Enjoy!

Raspberry Muffins adapted from a recipe from Real Simple

Photobucket

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour, divided
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
3/4 cup milk
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries (I used two 6oz containers)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat muffin tins generously with cooking spray or line with paper liners.

In mixing bowl combine 1 3/4 cups of the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add melted butter and combine. Add egg, milk and vanilla and combine until well blended.

In another bowl, toss the berries with the remaining flour. Don't worry if the berries break up. Fold the berry mixture into the batter.

Fill the muffin cups and bake 20 minutes for large muffins, 15 minutes for mini muffins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Leave muffins in tins and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing.

Makes 24 large muffins or 36 mini muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment